Subject: [PATCH 01/18] ARM64: Move PMU register related defines to asm/pmu.h

From: [email-masked] (Will Deacon)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 18:18:28 +0100

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 03:17:31AM +0100, shannon.zhao at linaro.org wrote:
> From: Shannon Zhao <[email-masked]>
> 
> To use the ARMv8 PMU related register defines from the KVM code,
> we move the relevant definitions to asm/pmu.h header file.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Anup Patel <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Shannon Zhao <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  arch/arm64/include/asm/pmu.h   | 45 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  arch/arm64/kernel/perf_event.c | 35 --------------------------------
>  2 files changed, 45 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)

Whilst I'm ok with the idea, we're currently in the process of moving the
ARM and arm64 PMU drivers out into drivers/perf/, so this is likely to
conflict horribly with that work.

Christoffer/Marc: if you end up wanting to queue this for 4.3, give me a
shout and I'll try to create a stable branch you can use as a base (but
it's likely to contain a whole heap of stuff you don't want...).

Will