Subject: [PATCH V4 RFC 0/3] nvmem: add ocotp support for i.MX23 and i.MX28

From: [email-masked] (Marek Vasut)
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 00:07:29 +0200

On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 12:04:56 AM, Stefan Wahren wrote:
> This patch series brings read-only support for the On-Chip OTP cells
> in the i.MX23 and i.MX28 processor.
> 
> It has been a long time since V3 of this series [1]. The last version has
> been rejected because there was no standard interface to the OTP data. So
> this version bases on V7 of the new NVMEM framework [2] which required a
> nearly complete rewrite of the driver.
> 
> [1] -
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2014-October/295228.
> html [2] -
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2015-July/355652.htm
> l

Are you sure you even want this support in kernel ? Isn't it enough to have
this in some manufacturing-time mutated bootloader to program the OTP once
and never touch it again ?

Best regards,
Marek Vasut