Subject: [linux-sunxi] Re: [PATCH 5/5] ARM: dts: sun7i: Add dts file for Wits Pro A20 DKT

From: [email-masked] (Maxime Ripard)
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 11:30:46 +0200

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 06:13:06PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> mmc-pwrseq-simple supports multiple reset/enable gpios (by listing
> them all as reset-gpios and setting GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW/HIGH depending
> on which value they need to be to activate things).
> 
> It also supports listing clocks which need to be enabled. I think
> that it may be a good idea to use this to also enable the bluetooth
> bits of the ap6210 module on the cubietruck. I know that the
> actual bt is interfaced over an uart, and we really should have
> a mechanism to enable/disable it separately, but for not this seems
> like a good way to get bluetooth to work.
> 
> We should ofcourse add a comment to the dts file that this is not a
> 100% ideal solution, but other then that I think this should work
> nicely. Maxime would enabling the bluetooth bits of this sdio
> module via mmc-pwrseq be acceptable to you?

As long as we have some comment on top, yep.

> ChenYu if Maxime acks this solution I hope you can write a patch for
> this, since you've been working on the bluetooth support before.

Note that I'm in holidays starting today. I plan on doing my
pull-requests for 4.3 later today, and will probably not be able to
merge any patches during the next two weeks, which mean that your
mmc-power seq patch for the cubietruck was probably the last one I was
merging for the 4.3 merge window.

Maxime

-- 
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
http://free-electrons.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20150801/a03c54cf/attachment.sig>