Subject: [PATCH v5 0/9] ARM: PCI: kill pcibios_msi_controller()

From: [email-masked] (Bjorn Helgaas)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 18:00:50 -0500

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 04:53:48PM -0500, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> The first 5 patches here are essentially the same as Lorenzo's v4 posting
> at
> http://lkml.kernel.org/1438169598-24490-1-git-send-email-lorenzo.pieralisi at arm.com
> 
> I added some at the end to fix what look like some X-Gene bugs to me, and
> to make X-Gene use pci_scan_root_bus_msi() like the other drivers that use
> msi_controller.
> 
> v4->v5 changes:
> - Declare pci_scan_root_bus_msi() in drivers/pci/pci.h instead of
>   include/linux/pci.h.  I like the idea, but I hope we can replace this and
>   other "scan_root_bus" interfaces with a single, more-generic interface,
>   so I'd rather not expose this one widely.

This is one thing I screwed up already.  pci_scan_root_bus_msi() can't be
declared in drivers/pci/pci.h because that's not visible to
arch/arm/kernel/bios32.c.

In case anybody wants to try it, I updated the branch here:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/helgaas/pci.git/log/?h=pci/enumeration