Subject: [PATCH 00/11] omap_hsmmc: voltage switching and tuning

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 23:48:21 -0700

* Kishon Vijay Abraham I <[email-masked]> [150805 08:03]:
> Hi,
> 
> On Wednesday 05 August 2015 04:13 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Kishon Vijay Abraham I <[email-masked]> [150730 00:49]:
> >> Patch series implements voltage switching and tuning for omap_hsmmc
> >> driver.
> >>
> >> Did basic read/write test in J6, J6 Eco, Beagle-x15, AM437x EVM,
> >> Beaglebone black, OMAP5 uEVM and OMAP4 PANDA.
> > 
> > Your tests are missing omap3?
> 
> I don't have one at my disposal :-( I'll try to find one and add omap3 tests.

Great :) Beagle xm is a good one to test the USB PHY stuff on
and also MMC. Having USB cable connected or EHCI loaded blocks the PM
though, so NFSroot is not very usable for testing on it.

If you want to test PM over NFSroot, boards with the smsc911x known
to work with PM  are at least omap3-evm-37xx.dts and
logicpd-torpedo-37xx-devkit.dts.  Since you tinker with the USB PHYs,
torpedo has MUSB working the same way as the beagle boards, EVM I
think can be modified that way but by default has diffent PHY.

Also overo tobi boards work with PM but only for retntion idle and
not off idle, and map3-sbc-t3517.dts probably can be made to work
with PM but I have mine as a gateway and have not been able to test
with it.

Probably also zoom3 boards with later processor boards can be made
to work, the LDP has early omap34xx variants and can't be made to
work reliably.

I don't have omap3-lilly, but I'd assume that can also be made
to work with PM if not already working.

> > I suggest you add some omap3 tests in general as otherwise you are
> > only testing a subset of the driver features and completely missing
> > things like rutnime PM and save and restore for the deeper idle
> > states.
> 
> yeah, I'll do those tests and re-post the series.

Thanks!

Tony