Subject: All OMAP platforms: MMC is broken

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 02:56:36 -0700

* Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]> [151008 02:40]:
> On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 01:40:21AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > Well the way distros deal with issues like this is have everything
> > possible as loadable modules. We should get the regulator_pbiaa
> > loaded automatically in that case as long as it's in the dts.. And
> > as long as we have the MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE entries right.
> 
> Assuming you have a rootfs which doesn't depend on one of those modules,
> or an initramfs, and a way to get the built modules into that initial
> filesystem.  Automated test boot systems do not have that luxury: the
> generation of initramfs is distro specific, and would be very large if
> it were to include all possible modules.

Right, we need to keep the kernel usable in all these configurations
somehow.

For the kernel generated minimal initramfs we could grep for the
needed modules in the dts file.

> Some distros need their initramfs statically configured between "mount
> a local rootfs" and "mount a nfs rootfs" and can't be changed once
> generated.

And some devices need also EHCI for NFSroot :)

Regards,

Tony