Subject: [PATCH] KVM: arm/arm64: Add VGICv3 save/restore API documentation

From: [email-masked] (Christoffer Dall)
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 14:36:30 +0200

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 03:28:40PM +0300, Pavel Fedin wrote:
>  Hello!
> 
> > Well, compatibility with GICv2 is the biggest mistake we made when
> > designing the GICv3 architecture. And that's why our emulation doesn't
> > give a damn about v2 compatibility.
> 
>  Ok, i see your arguments, and after that it becomes a matter of personal taste. Three beat one, i
> go your way. :) Don't know if i'll be able to roll out v5 tomorrow, but i think on monday i'll
> definitely do.
> 
There's no rush, I don't think this will make it into v4.4 anyhow, as
we're already on -rc4 and there's a bunch of other stuff in flight, and
I haven't configured a way to test these patches yet.

Speaking of which, does the QEMU side of this patch set require first
adding the GICv3 emulation for the data structures or is there a
stand-alone migration patch set somewhere?

-Christoffer