Subject: [GIT PULL 2/2] Broadcom SoC changes for v4.4 (part 2)

From: [email-masked] (Olof Johansson)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 11:02:38 -0700

Hi Florian,

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:43:09AM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> The following changes since commit c4a8ea9e0698945b182ba1e1063a0981b1f35139:
> 
>   ARM: brcmstb: Setup BIU control registers during boot (2015-10-09 13:42:18 -0700)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   http://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux tags/arm-soc/for-4.4/soc-part2
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to d0317a5d496dfac6d11e281d61b7aae0d4192e81:
> 
>   ARM: bcm2835: Add the Raspberry Pi firmware driver (2015-10-19 11:08:40 -0700)

I see this merge window has been a touch confusing on the broadcom side, and we
should probably have pointed this out sooner:

We normally prefer to separate out arch/arm/mach* changes as the usual soc
changes, and keep drivers/soc and other drivers/* changes in separate branches,
usually merged through our 'drivers' branch instead.

I don't see what's "SoC" about the patch in this branch, and I don't think it's
dependent on the other contents in previous SoC branches. So let's merge this
as a separate driver branch, if that's ok?

In other words, please send a new pull request that contains this without the
SoC base, and we'll merge it through our next/drivers. Or, if you prefer, I
can cherry-pick it out myself. I'll leave the choice up to you and what works
for you in your workflow.

-Olof