Subject: [PATCH RFC v2] apei: Add ACPI APEI event notification support

From: [email-masked] (Borislav Petkov)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 16:51:58 +0100

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 10:05:16AM -0500, Jon Masters wrote:
> Top post - quick reply - you are correct. This is a vendor specific
> implementation. APEI is generic, and in the general case there should
> not be a need to do anything with a special driver. Some will need
> their own special solution in the early days, but everyone else should
> be able to go generic. In particular I expect those implementing EL3
> to do firmware first handling and to signal the event independently of
> any OS specific hooks.

In the meantime, I got these two patches:

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/1446857519-5908-1-git-send-email-lho at apm.com

which makes the GHES IRQ shared and, apparently solves the issue for
APM.

I'd appreciate it if you guys took a look.

Thanks!

-- 
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

ECO tip #101: Trim your mails when you reply.