Subject: [PATCH 10/10] ARM: dts: Fix dm814x pinctrl address and mask

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 08:13:31 -0800

* Matthijs van Duin <[email-masked]> [151201 17:23]:
> On 2 December 2015 at 01:46, Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > We should probably have separate PIN_INPUT_3V3 and PIN_OUTPUT_3V3
> > dts macros that ensure that?
> 
> I'm in general no fan of such macros: it feels really awkward to have
> to make that distinction in dts when doing pin config.
> 
> Note that if you're feeling really enthausiastic about putting in
> effort to allow inputs to be disabled while staying clear of the
> erratum, I think you can detect at runtime which I/O supplies are 3.3V
> by inspecting this register:
> 
> #define CTRL_CQDETECT_STATUS    0x48140e00

OK and if really needed needed the SoC revision information can be
passed to pinctrl-singl.c in it's platform_data that we already have
in addition to the dts configuration. And then pinctrl-single.c could
modify the mask based on IO voltage and SoC revision.

I think we're already covered as the boards can override the pinctrl
function-mask in the board specific dts file if really needed :)

Regards,

Tony