Subject: [PATCH 0/5] ARM: orion5x/dove/mv78xx0 multiplatform

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Lunn)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 21:38:10 +0100

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 08:22:40PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 08:51:04PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > I'm mostly interested in it because it's the only ARMv7 platform that is
> > left after my other patches, and I just want to be done with it after
> > spending 5 years on it ;-)
> 
> My understanding is that the long term goal is to delete mach-dove once
> everyone has settled down into the mvebu DT world.
> 
> Right now we have mvebu which covers Dove using DT.  We have mach-dove
> which is legacy non-DT Dove.
> 
> It seems to me to be completely crazy to want to bring legacy code, which
> is ultimately destined to be deleted, into multiplatform.

I agree. We have multiplatform dove already, it is in mach-mvebu. Do
we really need both mach-dove and mach-mvebu dove in one kernel?

   Andrew