Subject: [PATCH 0/3] cpuidle: avoid module usage in non-modular code

From: [email-masked] (Paul Gortmaker)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 16:32:32 -0500

[Re: [PATCH 0/3] cpuidle: avoid module usage in non-modular code] On 14/12/2015 (Mon 22:31) Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> On Sunday, December 13, 2015 06:57:09 PM Paul Gortmaker wrote:
> > This series of commits is a part of a larger project to ensure
> > people don't reference modular support functions in non-modular
> > code.  Overall there was roughly 5k lines of dead code in the
> > kernel due to this.  So far we've fixed several areas, like tty,
> > x86, net, ... and we continue to work on other areas.

[...]

> 
> If no one objects, I can queue up this series for 4.5 unless you have other
> plans with respect to it.

Please do.

I was hoping to spread as many of these around as possible so I don't
end up with a giant pull request to Linus.  There is code out there
without a clear maintainership path, so eventually I'll have to send
some his way (or via akpm) but the less that end up in that pile, the
better IMHO.

Thanks,
Paul.
--
> Thanks,
> Rafael