Subject: [PATCH] tty: amba-pl011: add support for 32-bit register access for earlycon

From: [email-masked] (Greg Kroah-Hartman)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 08:27:36 -0800

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 09:55:30AM -0600, Timur Tabi wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 12:06 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> >> Example:
> >>
> >>       earlycon=pl011,mmio32,0x3ced1000
> >>
> >> Signed-off-by: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
> >> ---
> >>
> >> This patch applies on top of Russell's 12-part amba-pl011.c patchset.
> >
> > Which I didn't apply, so can you resend this after he resends his?
> 
> I see that some of Russell's patches are now in tty-next.  Does that
> make them official?

Unless Russell asks me to revert them, they will show up in the next
merge window.

> There was some disagreement about the usage of
> access_32b vs uap->port.iotype for determining whether we need 32-bit
> accessors or not.

There was?  I missed that, please send follow-on patches to resolve the
issue if there is one.

thanks,

greg k-h