Subject: [PATCH 2/2] memory: omap-gpmc: Add Kconfig option for debug

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 18:26:20 -0800

* Ivaylo Dimitrov <[email-masked]> [160107 13:46]:
> On  7.01.2016 20:07, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> 
> >>>Also, do things now work reliably for you with CONFIG_OMAP_GPMC_DEBUG
> >>>enabled? Or does that also produce corruption after few reboots?
> 
> I'll make further experiments as I am a bit lost what and when happens. What
> is for sure is that corruptions occurs immediately after boot without your
> patch and with CONFIG_OMAP_GPMC_DEBUG disabled. So maybe there is another
> problem in ubfs or mtd driver.

Yes it seems there's some other issue too. Maybe you can run git bisect
again and carry the fix along as an extra patch?

> Already did, every reflash and install of upstream kernel compatible SW
> takes me about 3 hours I'd rather spend on something else :). Though it
> seems that reboot issue happens no matter if CONFIG_OMAP_GPMC_DEBUG is
> enabled or not.

OK then it really seems like we do have another bug lurking around.
Maybe you can figure out an easier way to reproduce it?

> The problem is that between NOLO and kernel there is u-boot. And even if I
> am almost sure it doesn't touch onenand configs, I can't be absolutely sure.
> So those timings are not 100% reliable IMO, though close to that.

Hmm yes I'm only booting with u-boot here as my device sits in my rack.

> I'll play a bit more with printing the values with both
> CONFIG_OMAP_GPMC_DEBUG enabled and disabled and whatever I can think of,
> including dumping cs0 config from u-boot, nokia kernel and/or REing NOLO
> onenand init (already did that for N9 DDR timings, shouldn't be that hard
> for N900 GPMC). Will keep you informed on the progress. In the meanwhile I
> think your patch should make it as without it onenand is unusable.

OK will push it out then.

Regards,

Tony