Subject: PM regression with commit 5de85b9d57ab PM runtime re-init in v4.5-rc1

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:48:05 -0800

Hi,

Looks like commit 5de85b9d57ab ("PM / runtime: Re-init runtime
PM states at probe error and driver unbind") broke PM on at least
omap3. It seems we now need to additionally also call
pm_runtime_dont_use_autosuspend() to get things working again?

The following fixes idling on omap3, but I'm wondering if we
should do something in pm_runtime_reinit() instead?

Regards,

Tony

8< ---------------------
--- a/drivers/mmc/host/omap_hsmmc.c
+++ b/drivers/mmc/host/omap_hsmmc.c
@@ -2232,6 +2232,7 @@ err_irq:
 		dma_release_channel(host->tx_chan);
 	if (host->rx_chan)
 		dma_release_channel(host->rx_chan);
+	pm_runtime_dont_use_autosuspend(host->dev);
 	pm_runtime_put_sync(host->dev);
 	pm_runtime_disable(host->dev);
 	if (host->dbclk)