Subject: [PATCH v4 00/10] rtc: max77686: Extend driver and add max77802 support

From: [email-masked] (Alexandre Belloni)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 13:05:25 +0100

Hi,

On 27/01/2016 at 00:36:36 -0300, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote :
> Hello,
> 
> On a recent disussion [0] with Krzysztof Kozlowski and Laxman Dewangan,
> we came to the conclusion that the max77686 and max77802 RTC are almost
> the same with only a few differences so there shouldn't be two separate
> drivers and is better to extend max77686 driver and delete rtc-max77802.
> 
> By making the driver more generic, other RTC IP blocks from Maxim PMICs
> could be supported as well like the max77620.
> 
> This is a v4 of a series that do this, that address issues pointed out
> in the latest version. The v1, v2 and v3 can be found at [1], [2], [3].
> 
> I've tested this patch-set on an Exynos5800 Peach Pi Chromebook that has
> a max77802 PMIC and the RTC was working correctly. Krzysztof Kozlowski
> tested v3 on an max77686 but this version only has cosmetic changes so
> it should not cause any functionality changes.
> 
> [0]: http://www.spinics.net/lists/devicetree/msg110348.html
> [1]: https://lwn.net/Articles/672568/
> [2]: https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/1/25/767
> [3]: https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/1/26/787
> 

I've applied patches 1 to 8 and I'll discussed with Arnd and Olof about
what I should do with the defconfig changes.

Thanks!

-- 
Alexandre Belloni, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
http://free-electrons.com