Subject: [PATCH v2 1/2] efi: esrt: use memremap not ioremap to access ESRT table in memory

From: [email-masked] (Matt Fleming)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 14:41:14 +0000

On Thu, 18 Feb, at 02:16:24PM, Peter Jones wrote:
> 
> So the question I have is: would you rather chop up regions and reserve
> the space, or allocate a new copy and update the configuration table
> (after ExitBootServices()) to point to it?  The latter makes it pretty
> easy to do from an API that all these drivers can use, and it makes the
> kexec case completely transparent.
> 
> Up to you.

I think it makes the most sense to chop up the regions we care about
(i.e. the ones we have drivers for) because not only does that save us
the effort of copying out the data on every kexec reboot, it also
prevents us from leaking each copy since we don't free them at the
moment.

Then we just need to maintain a separate list of regions to free in
efi_free_boot_services() or have some other way to distinguish between
them.

Oh, and save_runtime_map() would need updating to save Boot Services
regions too.