Subject: usb: gadget breakage on N900: bind UDC by name passed via usb_gadget_driver structure

From: [email-masked] (Pavel Machek)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 22:26:03 +0100

Hi!

USB gadget stops working for me on n900, if I merge

usb: gadget: bind UDC by name passed via usb_gadget_driver structure

patch.

commit 2284b29d3d9dd16490909962574d7f3fef83fd97
Author: Ruslan Bilovol <[email-masked]>
Date:   Mon Nov 23 09:56:35 2015 +0100

    usb: gadget: bind UDC by name passed via usb_gadget_driver
    structure

    Introduce new 'udc_name' member to usb_gadget_driver structure.
        The 'udc_name' is a name of UDC that usb_gadget_driver should
	    be bound to. If udc_name is NULL, it will be bound to any
	        available UDC.

    Tested-by: Maxime Ripard <[email-masked]>
        Signed-off-by: Ruslan Bilovol <[email-masked]>
	    Signed-off-by: Marek Szyprowski <[email-masked]>
	        Tested-by: Peter Chen <[email-masked]>
		    Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <[email-masked]>

Patch is obvious enough... if there's someone who sets udc_name to
NULL. Who is supposed to do that?

(I have patch in my tree to make USB gadget work when it is not
modular).

Best regards,
									Pavel
-- 
(english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
(cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html