Subject: [PATCH 6/6] iommu/arm-smmu: Make use of phandle iterators in device-tree parsing

From: [email-masked] (Joerg Roedel)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 12:51:28 +0100

Hi Robin,

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 06:53:48PM +0000, Robin Murphy wrote:
> In a stream-matching implementation, a device may quite legitimately
> own anything up to _all_ of the stream IDs (32768, or 65536 if we
> ever implement support for the SMMUv2 EXID extension), so this is
> only a genuine limit for stream indexing (and if anyone ever
> actually made one of those, I don't think they're running mainline
> on it).

Do you mean we might see a lot more than the currently 128 supported
stream-ids for an smmu?

> Alternatively, how straightforward is it to change the DT on your
> machine? I'll be getting a v2 of [1] out in a couple of weeks (after
> imminent holidays), which already gets rid of MAX_MASTER_STREAMIDS
> altogether, and might also have grown proper SMR support by then.

Hmm, I don't know how to change the DT of this Seattle machine. I think
it is provided by the ACPI BIOS. At least it boots with grub2 and not
u-boot and there is no DT in /boot.

	Joerg