Subject: Can not play audio with screen off

From: [email-masked] (Pavel Machek)
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 21:31:06 +0200

Hi!

I'm playing some more with N900, this time I'd like to use it as a
alarm clock...

And now I realized I can not, because system performance is so
horrible with screen off that mpg123 + pulseaudio skips horribly. This
is without tweaking serial parameters, so CPU is definitely not going
into the idle/off modes.

Loading CPU fixes the issue (I used cat /dev/zero > /dev/null).

Hmm. And it seems to work better if I ssh in and launch mpg123
remotely. Weird.

Kernel 4.5-rc0. Will try on different ones.

Any ideas? Is there interface to tell kernel that better performance
is needed for a while?

Thanks,

									Pavel
-- 
(english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
(cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html