Subject: [GIT PULL 6/7] Broadcom defconfig changes for 4.8 Part 1

From: [email-masked] (Olof Johansson)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 22:54:16 -0700

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 06:56:14PM -0700, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> The following changes since commit 1a695a905c18548062509178b98bc91e67510864:
> 
>   Linux 4.7-rc1 (2016-05-29 09:29:24 -0700)
> 
> are available in the git repository at:
> 
>   http://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux.git tags/arm-soc/for-4.8/defconfig
> 
> for you to fetch changes up to 41463c3e6eae3dfa4377069966ed02b4ba378e79:
> 
>   ARM: Remove bcm_defconfig (2016-06-16 13:40:49 -0700)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> This pull request contains defconfig changes for Broadcom ARM-based SoCs:
> 
> - Florian enables support for the BCM63xx DSL SoCs basic peripherals, enables
>   the networking subsystems for Set Top Box SoCs, enables the PWM, watchdog and
>   the AHCI controller and SATA PHY drivers
> 
> - Florian removes the bcm_defconfig file which is no longer useful and updates
>   multi_v7_defconfig to include the Kona watchdog to provide proper reboot for the
>   Broadcom Kona platforms
> 
> Please note that Tejun Heo has queued a patch which renames AHCI_BRCMSTB into
> AHCI_BRCM, to avoid two patches in a row, we just enable AHCI_BRCM to be future
> proof

So, you say that bcm_defconfig is no longer useful. While I'm happy to see the
number of defconfigs go down, I'd like to clarify that we do still see per-SoC
defconfigs somewhat useful, in that they are a lot closer to what someone would
want to use for defconfig in a product kernel based on the SoC. It's easier to
start from the SoC-specific defconfig and remove pieces that aren't needed than
to start from multi_v7_defconfig.

That being said, I'm happy to remove it if you think that's what works best for
your platform.

Merged into next/defconfig.

-Olof