Subject: [PATCH v1 0/4] arm64 kexec-tools patches

From: [email-masked] (Simon Horman)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 08:05:27 +0900

Hi Geoff.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 11:28:13PM +0000, Geoff Levand wrote:
> This series adds the core support for kexec re-boot on ARM64.
> 
> Linux kernel support for kexec reboot [1] has been merged to the ARM64
> for-next/core branch with the expectation that it will be included in the v4.8
> stable kernel release.
> 
> [1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2016-June/438780.html

There seems to have been quite a bit of discussion of this patchset.

I am of a mind to release kexec-tools v2.0.12-rc1 (and thus v2.0.12)
without these changes as the v4.7 kernel is already out and that
is the timing I had in mind for kexec-tools v2.0.12 (the lateness on
my shoulders).

The implication is the arm64 patches would likely end up in the v2.0.13
release of kexec-tools which I aim to release around the time of the v4.9
kernel.