Subject: [PATCH V3 0/8] IOMMU probe deferral support

From: [email-masked] (Lorenzo Pieralisi)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 18:13:39 +0000

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 11:12:08PM +0530, Sricharan wrote:

[...]

> >Cool. We're rather hoping that the ACPI stuff is good to go for 4.10
> >now, so it's probably worth pulling the rest of that in (beyond the one
> >patch I picked) to make sure the of_dma_configure/acpi_dma_configure
> >paths don't inadvertently diverge.
> >
> 
> I rebased and was testing your branch with Lorenzo's series. One thing
> i am still trying to get right is the acpi_dma_configure call. With your
> series dma_configure calls pci_dma/of_dma configure, so i am just adding
> acpi_dma_configure call there for non-pci ACPI devices as well. I see that
> acpi_dma_configure right now is called from acpi_bind_one and 
> iort_add_smmu_platform_device, both go through the really_probe function
> path, so moving acpi_dma_configure from the above the two functions
> to dma_configure. I remember we discussed this on another thread, so
> hopefully it is correct. I do not have an platform to test the ACPI though.
> I will take some testing help on V4 for this.

I am happy to test it for you please just send me a pointer at your v4
code.

Thank you !
Lorenzo