Subject: [PATCH v5 0/2] Add support for the ethernet switch on the ESPRESSObin

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Lunn)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 23:38:23 +0100

> Actually I didn't find anything related to the temperature measurement
> in the datasheet I have. For the 6390 there is a dedicated datsheet for
> the PHY part for the 6352 it is part of the same datasheet.

Hi Gregory

The temperature sensor changes have landed in net-next. If you have
time, please rebase to it and do some tests. Here are the likely
outcomes:

1) Like the 6390, it does not have a valid PHY product ID. Hence the
Marvell PHY driver is not loaded. You can see the PHY ID in

/sys/bus/mdio_bus/devices/*/phy_id

If it is 0x01410000, there is no product ID. I have a workaround for
this.

2) It has a valid phy_id, but it is not known to the marvell driver.
Add an entry to the table at the bottom of drivers/net/phy/marvell.c,
and a new entry in marvell_drivers. I would copy the 1540.

3) The Marvell PHY driver does recognise it, and makes the temperature
available in /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon*/temp1_input. It always returns
-25000mC. Same problem i have with the 6390. No idea how to fix it yet.

4) The Marvell PHY driver does recognise it, and makes the temperature
available in /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon*/temp1_input. The value is O.K. It
all works :-)

Personally, i'm not betting on 4 :-)

    Andrew