Subject: [PATCH v3 17/24] drm/rockchip: dw-mipi-dsi: improve PLL configuration

From: [email-masked] (John Keeping)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 13:24:37 +0000

The multiplication ratio for the PLL is required to be even due to the
use of a "by 2 pre-scaler".  Currently we are likely to end up with an
odd multiplier even though there is an equivalent set of parameters with
an even multiplier.

For example, using the 324MHz bit rate with a reference clock of 24MHz
we end up with M = 27, N = 2 whereas the example in the PHY databook
gives M = 54, N = 4 for this bit rate and reference clock.

By walking down through the available multiplier instead of up we are
more likely to hit an even multiplier.  With the above example we do now
get M = 54, N = 4 as given by the databook.

While doing this, change the loop limits to encode the actual limits on
the divisor, which are:

	40MHz >= (pllref / N) >= 5MHz

Signed-off-by: John Keeping <[email-masked]>
---
Unchanged in v3
Unchanged in v2

 drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/dw-mipi-dsi.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/dw-mipi-dsi.c b/drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/dw-mipi-dsi.c
index 85edf6dd2bac..dcb66a21e1f1 100644
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/dw-mipi-dsi.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/dw-mipi-dsi.c
@@ -522,7 +522,7 @@ static int dw_mipi_dsi_get_lane_bps(struct dw_mipi_dsi *dsi,
 	pllref = DIV_ROUND_UP(clk_get_rate(dsi->pllref_clk), USEC_PER_SEC);
 	tmp = pllref;
 
-	for (i = 1; i < 6; i++) {
+	for (i = pllref / 5; i > (pllref / 40); i--) {
 		pre = pllref / i;
 		if ((tmp > (target_mbps % pre)) && (target_mbps / pre < 512)) {
 			tmp = target_mbps % pre;
-- 
2.11.0.197.gb556de5.dirty