Subject: [PATCH v3 03/21] ARM: dts: omap: Add generic compatible string for I2C EEPROM

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 07:17:35 -0700

* Javier Martinez Canillas <[email-masked]> [170413 18:08]:
> The at24 driver allows to register I2C EEPROM chips using different vendor
> and devices, but the I2C subsystem does not take the vendor into account
> when matching using the I2C table since it only has device entries.
> 
> But when matching using an OF table, both the vendor and device has to be
> taken into account so the driver defines only a set of compatible strings
> using the "atmel" vendor as a generic fallback for compatible I2C devices.
> 
> So add this generic fallback to the device node compatible string to make
> the device to match the driver using the OF device ID table.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Javier Martinez Canillas <[email-masked]>

Looks good to me assuming this will get merged in a single series:

Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>

Or if you want me to pick this patch separately, let me know.

Regards,

Tony