Subject: support autofocus / autogain in libv4l2

From: [email-masked] (Pali Rohár)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 10:08:15 +0200

On Tuesday 25 April 2017 10:05:38 Pavel Machek wrote:
> > > It would be nice if more than one application could be accessing the
> > > camera at the same time... (I.e. something graphical running preview
> > > then using command line tool to grab a picture.) This one is
> > > definitely not solveable inside a library...
> > 
> > Someone once suggested to have something like pulseaudio for V4L.
> > For such usage, a server would be interesting. Yet, I would code it
> > in a way that applications using libv4l will talk with such daemon
> > in a transparent way.
> 
> Yes, we need something like pulseaudio for V4L. And yes, we should
> make it transparent for applications using libv4l.

IIRC there is already some effort in writing such "video" server which
would support accessing more application into webcam video, like
pulseaudio server for accessing more applications to microphone input.

-- 
Pali Roh?r
pali.rohar at gmail.com