Subject: [CFT] Always enable SMP mode on MP capable CPUs

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 15:13:33 -0700

* Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]> [170525 11:09]:
> On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 08:11:03AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > 
> > OK. That may not work on am437x though as it's UP.
> 
> Maybe this is just too complicated to grasp - in which case just test
> tonight's linux-next on *all* your boards irrespective of the CPU, and
> let me know if there's a regression due to this patch, giving me full
> details of your CPUs (CPU ID numbers, number of CPUs, etc.)  If no one
> reports a regression that doesn't get fixed, I'll merge it during the
> next merge window.

OK so got my am437x-idk back up and running again. I'm kind of
running out of space here..

And as suspected it won't boot with these changes. It's a UP core:

CPU: ARMv7 Processor [412fc09a] revision 10 (ARMv7), cr=10c5387d
CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
OF: fdt: Machine model: TI AM437x Industrial Development Kit

Regards,

Tony