Subject: [PATCH 9/9] clk: imx: add imx7ulp clk driver

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Boyd)
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:41:52 -0700

On 06/20, Dong Aisheng wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 07:01:19PM -0700, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> > 
> > Any reason why it can't be a platform driver? If not, please add
> > some comment explaining why.
> > 
> 
> Timer is using it at early stage. GIC seems not although standard
> binding claim possible clock requirement.
> Others still not sure.
> 
> What your suggestion?
> Convert timer to platform driver and make clock as platform driver as well?
> 

The timer can't be a platform driver because it would be too
late. The clock driver could register whatever clks are required
for the timer/GIC in a CLK_OF_DECLARE_DRIVER hook, and then leave
the rest to a platform driver. This way we get some of the device
driver framework in this code.

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project