Subject: [PATCH] ARM: OMAP2+: omap_device: drop broken RPM status update from suspend_noirq

From: [email-masked] (Johan Hovold)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 10:35:21 +0200

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 01:17:17AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote: > * Johan Hovold <[email-masked]> [170726 00:51]:
> > On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 12:48:40PM -0500, Grygorii Strashko wrote:
> > > So, thank you for your patches and sorry for the noise.
> > > 
> > > Tested-by: Grygorii Strashko <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > Thanks for testing.
> 
> So does the patch description need updating?

I don't think so.

I did notice that I left out a "would" in the final sentence

	"and either way, any such calls *would* have been causing
	crashes since 4.10"
	
which perhaps you could add when applying?

> And this is needed as a fix for the -rc cycle in addition to your musb
> patch?

Unlike the musb patch, this one is not critical and could possibly wait
for 4.14. But since all it does is to get rid of a (since 4.10) broken
state update, and thereby those warning messages on suspend, I'd say
it's -rc material.

Thanks,
Johan