Subject: [PATCH v4 3/4] dt-bindings: PCI: rockchip: Add support for pcie wake irq

From: [email-masked] (Brian Norris)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 15:44:49 -0700

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 04:32:55PM -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 1:20 PM, Brian Norris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 01:14:39PM -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
> >> Use the wakeup source binding:
> >> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/wakeup-source.txt
> >
> > And I suppose this means we'd fall under this paragraph?
> >
> >     "However if the devices have dedicated interrupt as the wakeup source
> >     then they need to specify/identify the same using device specific
> >     interrupt name. In such cases only that interrupt can be used as wakeup
> >     interrupt."
> >
> > We don't expect *any* interrupt to qualify as PCI WAKE#; so we should
> > still also document the interrupt name ("wake"?) in
> > Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/pci.txt as Bjorn suggested, in
> > addition to using the 'wakeup-source' property documented there.
> 
> I believe the defined interrupt name is "wakeup" as example 1 shows.

That's an example, not a definition. And the definition I quoted
literally says "device specific interrupt name". The PCIe specification
calls it "WAKE#" all over the place, so I figured that's a good name to
use.

"wakeup" is also fine I suppose, as long as we document that it must be
PCIe WAKE# signal, as per the PCIe specfication.

Brian