Subject: [PATCH v7 10/10] of: mdio: Prevent of_mdiobus_register from scanning mdio-mux nodes

From: [email-masked] (Corentin Labbe)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 21:02:26 +0200

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 01:46:54PM -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 01:44:58PM +0200, Corentin Labbe wrote:
> > Each child node of an MDIO node is scanned as a PHY when calling
> > of_mdiobus_register() givint the following result:
> > [   18.175379] mdio_bus stmmac-0: /soc/ethernet at 1c30000/mdio/mdio-mux has invalid PHY address
> > [   18.175408] mdio_bus stmmac-0: scan phy mdio-mux at address 0
> > [   18.175450] mdio_bus stmmac-0: scan phy mdio-mux at address 1
> > [...]
> > [   18.176420] mdio_bus stmmac-0: scan phy mdio-mux at address 30
> > [   18.176452] mdio_bus stmmac-0: scan phy mdio-mux at address 31
> > 
> > Since mdio-mux nodes are not PHY, this patch a way to to not scan
> > them.
> 
> This can be dropped now, right?

Yes and it is dropped in my two last serie.
Forgot to said it in changelog