Subject: pxa3xx_nand times out in 4.14 with JFFS2

From: [email-masked] (Miquel RAYNAL)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 11:22:08 +0100

Hello Willy,

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 08:06:17 +0100
Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 07:37:15AM +0100, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> > > As Boris said, we would really welcome a test of this branch,
> > > because you almost have the same setup as Sean in the thread
> > > "pxa3xx: wait time out when scanning for bb" and I am running out
> > > of explanation for his problem unless it is related to U-Boot. So
> > > if you could try booting with and without the on-flash-bbt
> > > property and report whether it fails or not it would be of great
> > > help!  
> > 
> > Yes, I noticed your work mentionned in some of the threads I've read
> > during my troubleshooting session and considered giving it a try.
> > I'll probably do this next week-end.  
> 
> Finally I figured the test was quick enough and could help you, so I
> built and booted it, I'm getting this at boot :
> 
> marvell-nfc f10d0000.nand-controller: Timeout waiting for RB signal
> nand_bbt: error while writing BBT block -110
> marvell-nfc f10d0000.nand-controller: Timeout waiting for RB signal
> marvell-nfc f10d0000.nand-controller: Timeout waiting for RB signal
> nand_bbt: error -110 while marking block 1023 bad
> marvell-nfc f10d0000.nand-controller: Timeout waiting for RB signal
> nand_bbt: error while writing BBT block -110
> marvell-nfc f10d0000.nand-controller: Timeout waiting for RB signal
> marvell-nfc f10d0000.nand-controller: Timeout waiting for RB signal

Thanks for testing.

I fixed two problems happening during read/write of 2kiB page NAND
chips, I am quite confident this would solve the issues you report
here. Could you please give it a try?

Same branch as before [1], just some more fixups! on it :)

Thank you,
Miqu?l

[1] https://github.com/miquelraynal/linux/tree/marvell/nand-next/nfc