Subject: PM regression in next

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 16:23:22 -0800

* Andrew Morton <[email-masked]> [180112 00:18]:
> On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 16:01:13 -0800 Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > Hi all,
> > 
> > I'm seeing a considerable idle power consumption regression in
> > Linux next, with power consumption for my idle test system going
> > to 17.5mW compared to the usual 8mW on my test device.
> > 
> > Git bisect points to merge commit e130bc1d00a4 ("Merge branch
> > 'akpm-current/current'") being the first bad commit.
> > 
> > I have also verified that commit 70286688e5ad ("ipc/mqueue.c:
> > have RT tasks queue in by priority in wq_add()") is good, and
> > commit e2d7fe89e8ae ("Merge remote-tracking branch
> > 'init_task/init_task'") is good.
> 
> Do you mean that everything up to and including 70286688e5ad
> ("ipc/mqueue.c: have RT tasks queue in by priority in wq_add()") is
> good?

Yes I'm not seeing the regression in your branch at commit
70286688e5ad. I'm seeing it only with the merge commit
e130bc1d00a4.

Regards,

Tony