Subject: [PATCH v2 3/4] arm64: add support for i.MX8M EVK board

From: [email-masked] (Shawn Guo)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 15:05:10 +0800

Hi Baruch,

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 06:32:42AM +0200, Baruch Siach wrote:
> Hi Sawn,
> 
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:46:53AM +0800, Shawn Guo wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 12:10:46PM +0100, Lucas Stach wrote:
> > > I've pushed a branch with all the MX8M work to:
> > > https://git.pengutronix.de/git/lst/linux mx8-work
> > 
> > I have some problem to boot the kernel (and dtb) built from this branch.
> > I'm running an U-Boot from NXP which works fine with NXP kernel for
> > sure.  But using this U-Boot to load your kernel gives me nothing on
> > serial, even if I put 'earlycon=ec_imx6q,0x30860000' on kernel
> > cmdline.  Anything I'm missing here?  Thanks.
> 
> FWIW, I tested these patches on the i.MX8 EVK with the attached defconfig.
> 
> Hope this helps,

Yeah, it helps a lot.  I forgot the fact that arm64 defconfig file does
not include any i.MX platform options.  The serial driver is not even
enabled.

I enabled a few more options on top of your defconfig, and now am able
to boot into the Debian prompt over NFS.

Thanks for help.

Shawn