Subject: [PATCH 0/3] sh: make early_platform code SuperH-specific

From: [email-masked] (Bartosz Golaszewski)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 18:35:53 +0200

I recently started a discussion about the need for a proper early device
probing mechanism[1]. One that would be based on real platform drivers
and support both platform data and device tree.

While we're far from reaching any consensus on the implementation, Arnd
suggested that I start off by moving the SuperH-specific early platform
drivers implementation to arch/sh[2].

This series is the first attempt at making way for a new, less hacky
implementation.

The first patch removes the last instance of a non-sh driver using the
early_platform API. It can be removed since ARM no longer probes early
drivers.

The second patch moves all the early_platform code to arch/sh.

The last patch prefixes all early_platform symbols with 'sh_'.

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/4/26/657
[2] https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/4/27/239

Bartosz Golaszewski (3):
  clocksource: timer-ti-dm: remove the early platform driver
    registration
  platform: move the early platform device support to arch/sh
  sh: add the sh_ prefix to early platform symbols

 arch/sh/drivers/Makefile               |   2 +-
 arch/sh/drivers/platform_early.c       | 346 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/sh/include/asm/platform_early.h   |  61 +++++
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh2/setup-sh7619.c  |   4 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh2a/setup-mxg.c    |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh2a/setup-sh7201.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh2a/setup-sh7203.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh2a/setup-sh7206.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh2a/setup-sh7264.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh2a/setup-sh7269.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh3/setup-sh3.c     |   1 +
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh3/setup-sh7705.c  |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh3/setup-sh770x.c  |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh3/setup-sh7710.c  |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh3/setup-sh7720.c  |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4/setup-sh4-202.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4/setup-sh7750.c  |   9 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4/setup-sh7760.c  |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7343.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7366.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7722.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7723.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7724.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7734.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7757.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7763.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7770.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7780.c |   4 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7785.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-sh7786.c |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh4a/setup-shx3.c   |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/cpu/sh5/setup-sh5.c     |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/setup.c                 |   3 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/time.c                  |   5 +-
 drivers/base/platform.c                | 288 --------------------
 drivers/clocksource/sh_cmt.c           |   6 +-
 drivers/clocksource/sh_mtu2.c          |   8 +-
 drivers/clocksource/sh_tmu.c           |   8 +-
 drivers/clocksource/timer-ti-dm.c      |   1 -
 drivers/tty/serial/sh-sci.c            |   5 +-
 include/linux/platform_device.h        |  52 ----
 41 files changed, 491 insertions(+), 387 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/sh/drivers/platform_early.c
 create mode 100644 arch/sh/include/asm/platform_early.h

-- 
2.17.0