Subject: [PATCH 2/2] pinctrl: pinctrl-single: Add functions to save and restore pinctrl context

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 08:22:41 -0700

* Keerthy <[email-masked]> [180516 05:43]:
> This adds a pair of context save/restore functions to save/restore the
> state of a set of pinctrl registers. This simplifies some of the AM33XX
> PM code as some of the pinctrl registers are lost when the per power
> domain loses power. The pincrtl code can perform the necessary
> save/restore.
> 
> This will also be necessary for hibernation and RTC only sleep, as all
> pinctrl registers all lost.

I think for now you can get away with just adding suspend and resume
calls where suspend calls pdata->context_may_be_lost() and saves
context as needed. And you do want to still call context_may_be_lost()
as Android configured kernel does suspend and resume constantly..

Then the cpu_notifier() can be added later on as needed once the
cpuidle patches are ready.

Regards,

Tony