Subject: [PATCH 5/6] mtd: rawnand: ams-delta: use GPIO lookup table

From: [email-masked] (Miquel Raynal)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 19:25:23 +0200

Hello,

On Sun, 20 May 2018 19:17:04 +0300, Andy Shevchenko
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> >> Though, I completely dislike "rdy" name of GPIO. Where is it documented?  
> >
> > No documentation files for Amstrad Delta nor for its NAND driver specifically
> > exist under Documentation/. However, there exist some for generic GPIO NAND
> > driver where the pin name "rdy" is used explicitly:
> > Documentation/driver-api/gpio/drivers-on-gpio.rst
> > Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/gpio-control-nand.txt
> > You can find that mnemonic used across drivers/mtd/nand/, standalone or as a
> > suffix, including the Amstrad Delta NAND driver before the change discussed.  
> 
> > To be honest, I don't like it much either, but I'm just using it instead of
> > inventing something new.  
> 
> OK, that's what I was looking for. Since it's already in use and
> documented, then it's fine for me.

Do we actually have the possibility to rename this gpio? I guess no
since it would break DT backward compatibility. Otherwise it would have
been more descriptive to call it something like 'gpio-rb'.

Anyway, if you find the time, documentation for this controller would be
welcome!

Thanks,
Miqu?l