Subject: [PATCH v3 0/9] ata: ahci_platform: support allwinner R40 AHCI

From: [email-masked] (Simon Baatz)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 02:16:42 +0200

Hi Corentin,

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 11:02:57AM +0000, Corentin Labbe wrote:
> Hello
> 
> This patchset add support for allwinner R40 AHCI controller.
> 
> This controller need two regulator and one reset which is unsupported
> for the moment on ahci_platform.
> 
> So this patchset add support for reset and regulator for AHCI
> controller.
> It add also support for non-target regulator per SATA port.
> 
> The whole patchset is tested on sun8i-r40-bananapi-m2-ultra and
> on sun7i-a20-cubieboard2 which doesnt have any of the ressources added
> by this serie, so no regression should come with it.

I tested on sun8i-v40-bananapi-m2-berry (with an adapted device
tree).  I got it to work, but only if the U-Boot has support for AHCI
already (from the Banana Pi M2 Ultra support).  With an U-Boot that
hasn't, the system hangs at boot (probably when probing ahci-sunxi). 

Did you test this case on the M2 Ultra board?  (I think SATA should
work the same on both boards, but there may be subtle differences)

Perhaps I did not apply all necessary patches. I took this series and
your minor fixes series for ahci_platform.