Subject: [PATCH 03/27] perf cs-etm: Introduce invalid address macro

From: [email-masked] (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 14:59:37 -0300

From: Leo Yan <[email-masked]>

This patch introduces invalid address macro and uses it to replace dummy
value '0xdeadbeefdeadbeefUL'.

Signed-off-by: Leo Yan <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Mathieu Poirier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Alexander Shishkin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jiri Olsa <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kim Phillips <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mike Leach <[email-masked]>
Cc: Namhyung Kim <[email-masked]>
Cc: Peter Zijlstra <[email-masked]>
Cc: Robert Walker <[email-masked]>
Cc: linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org
Link: http://lkml.kernel.org/r/1529298599-3876-2-git-send-email-leo.yan at linaro.org
Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
---
 tools/perf/util/cs-etm-decoder/cs-etm-decoder.c | 10 ++++++----
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/tools/perf/util/cs-etm-decoder/cs-etm-decoder.c b/tools/perf/util/cs-etm-decoder/cs-etm-decoder.c
index 4d5fc374e730..938def6d0bb9 100644
--- a/tools/perf/util/cs-etm-decoder/cs-etm-decoder.c
+++ b/tools/perf/util/cs-etm-decoder/cs-etm-decoder.c
@@ -31,6 +31,8 @@
 #endif
 #endif
 
+#define CS_ETM_INVAL_ADDR	0xdeadbeefdeadbeefUL
+
 struct cs_etm_decoder {
 	void *data;
 	void (*packet_printer)(const char *msg);
@@ -261,8 +263,8 @@ static void cs_etm_decoder__clear_buffer(struct cs_etm_decoder *decoder)
 	decoder->tail = 0;
 	decoder->packet_count = 0;
 	for (i = 0; i < MAX_BUFFER; i++) {
-		decoder->packet_buffer[i].start_addr = 0xdeadbeefdeadbeefUL;
-		decoder->packet_buffer[i].end_addr = 0xdeadbeefdeadbeefUL;
+		decoder->packet_buffer[i].start_addr = CS_ETM_INVAL_ADDR;
+		decoder->packet_buffer[i].end_addr = CS_ETM_INVAL_ADDR;
 		decoder->packet_buffer[i].last_instr_taken_branch = false;
 		decoder->packet_buffer[i].exc = false;
 		decoder->packet_buffer[i].exc_ret = false;
@@ -295,8 +297,8 @@ cs_etm_decoder__buffer_packet(struct cs_etm_decoder *decoder,
 	decoder->packet_buffer[et].exc = false;
 	decoder->packet_buffer[et].exc_ret = false;
 	decoder->packet_buffer[et].cpu = *((int *)inode->priv);
-	decoder->packet_buffer[et].start_addr = 0xdeadbeefdeadbeefUL;
-	decoder->packet_buffer[et].end_addr = 0xdeadbeefdeadbeefUL;
+	decoder->packet_buffer[et].start_addr = CS_ETM_INVAL_ADDR;
+	decoder->packet_buffer[et].end_addr = CS_ETM_INVAL_ADDR;
 
 	if (decoder->packet_count == MAX_BUFFER - 1)
 		return OCSD_RESP_WAIT;
-- 
2.14.4