Subject: [GIT PULL 5/5] arm64: tegra: Device tree changes for v4.19-rc1

From: [email-masked] (Thierry Reding)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 12:21:04 +0200

On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 07:26:04AM -0400, Anthony Eden wrote:
> Mesa support aside- if I start a computationally intensive job on the
> Jetson TX2 like building the Linux kernel on all cores, it will lock
> up. My only work around has been to disable the Denver CPU's. I don't
> think the tegra186 has upstream support to control the fan on the
> Jetson TX2, could this be a thermal problem?

Yes, I suppose this could be a thermal problem. Or it could be something
else entirely. We do support CPU frequency scaling on Tegra X2, so what
you could do is keep the Denver CPUs enabled, but set the powersave CPU
frequency governor. That way it should use all the CPUs but at a lower
clock rate, which should also be able to avoid any thermal issues. This
could help determine whether or not the problem is thermal or something
else.

Also adding Mikko on Cc who wrote the Tegra186 driver, maybe he's aware
of any issues.

Thierry
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20180809/abf0c033/attachment.sig>