Subject: Re: [RFT PATCH] arm64: add support for building the KASLR kernel with LLVM lld

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 16:58:53 +0000

On Sat, Dec 01, 2018 at 02:57:34PM +0100, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> Work around some differences in the behavior of ld.lld as compared
> to lb.bfd:
> - pass the -z notext and -z norelro options to convince the linker to
>   permit text relocations, and relro sections that are non-adjacent
>   (both of which are irrelevant for bare metal executables such as the
>   kernel)
> - move the definition of some __efistub_ decorated section markers to
>   the linker script, which permits us to assign them as relative
>   quantities (since using an intermediate assignment loses the section
>   relative property when using ld.lld)

I'd prefer not to work around a linker bug in today's lld just for KASLR
if it's anything more than passing a funny set of linker options.

Can you respin without this part, please?

Will

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel