Subject: Re: WIP Droid 4 voice calls, GNSS & PM with a TS 27.010 serdev driver

From: Pavel Machek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 00:05:05 +0100

Hi, little elves!

> So the little elves have been slowly working to get voice calls
> working on droid 4 with the mainline kernel. And just in time for the
> upcoming holidays, it might be possible to call friends and relatives.
> 
> I've pushed out an experimental branch containing serdev ts 27.010
> UART multiplexing support. That contains a serdev core driver for the
> mdm6600 modem (that also now idles the modem for PM), support for Alsa
> ASoC voice codec and mixer, and a GNSS driver for the GPS.
> 
> Where it does not make sense to do a kernel serdev driver, I've
> exposed the rest of the available 27.010 channels as ten /dev/motmdm*
> character devices. There's /dev/motmdm1 for AT commands to dial voice
> calls, /dev/motmdm3 for SMS eventually, and I think there's also a SIM
> card reader at /dev/motmdm10. Then /dev/motmdm7 seems to be just an
> echo channel. The other channels are still a bit of a mystery.

I tried to get access at motmdm, but no:

root@devuan:/home/user# minicom -D /dev/motmdm1
minicom: cannot open /dev/motmdm1: No such file or directory
root@devuan:/home/user# ls -al /dev/motmdm1
ls: cannot access '/dev/motmdm1': No such file or directory
root@devuan:/home/user# dmesg | grep motmd
root@devuan:/home/user# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep MDM
CONFIG_MFD_MOTMDM=y
CONFIG_SND_SOC_MOTMDM=y
CONFIG_PHY_MAPPHONE_MDM6600=y
root@devuan:/home/user# uname -a
Linux devuan 4.20.0-rc7-00304-gde109fe #19 SMP Sat Dec 22 20:16:19 CET
2018 armv7l GNU/Linux
root@devuan:/home/user#

Let me try to enable CONFIG_GNSS_MOTMDM. N_GSM also seems enabled.
 
Is there anything else I need to enable in .config?

Scary Solstice!
									Pavel
-- 
(english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
(cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel