Subject: Re: Regression in v5.0-rc1 with autosuspend hrtimers

From: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 13:37:43 -0800

* Vincent Guittot <[email-masked]> [190108 16:42]:
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 16:53, Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Hmm so could it be that we now rely on timers that that may
> > not be capable of waking up the system from idle states with
> > hrtimer?
> 
> With nohz and hrtimer enabled,  timer relies on hrtimer to generate
> the tick so you should use the same interrupt.

OK yeah looks like that part is working just fine.

Adding some printks and debugging over ssh, looks like
omap8250_runtime_resume() gets called just fine based on a wakeirq,
but then omap8250_runtime_suspend() runs immediately instead of
waiting for the three second timeout.

Lowering the autosuspend_delay_ms to 2100 ms makes things work again.
Anything higher than 2200 ms seems to somehow time out immediately
now :)

Regards,

Tony

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel