Subject: [PATCH 00/35] ARM: davinci: modernize the irq support

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 14:38:53 +0100

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>

This series ports the davinci platform to using SPARSE_IRQ, cleans up
the irqchip drivers and moves them over to drivers/irqchip.

The series can be logically split into four parts. The first (1-8) aims
at introducing support for SPARSE_IRQ. It contains a couple changes
required for that functionality and the final patch actually selecting
it.

Second part (9-18) makes the aintc driver suitable for drivers/irqchip
and eventually moves it over there.

Part 3 (19-31) does the same for the cp-intc driver.

Last part (32-35) aims at removing mach/irqs.h as it's no longer needed
with SPARSE_IRQ selected.

The series has been tested on da850-lcdk (for cp-intc) and
dm365-evm (for aintc).

Bartosz Golaszewski (35):
  ARM: davinci: remove intc_host_map from davinci_soc_info struct
  ARM: davinci: select GENERIC_IRQ_MULTI_HANDLER
  ARM: davinci: remove davinci_intc_type
  ARM: davinci: pull davinci_intc_base into the respective intc drivers
  ARM: davinci: drop irq defines from default_priorites
  ARM: davinci: wrap interrupt definitions with a macro for SPARSE_IRQ
  ARM: davinci: aintc: use irq domain
  ARM: davinci: select SPARSE_IRQ
  ARM: davinci: aintc: drop GPL license boilerplate
  ARM: davinci: aintc: wrap davinci_irq_init() with a helper
  ARM: davinci: aintc: use a common prefix for symbols in the driver
  ARM: davinci: aintc: drop the 00 prefix from register offsets
  ARM: davinci: aintc: add a new config structure
  ARM: davinci: aintc: use the new irqchip config structure in dm* SoCs
  ARM: davinci: aintc: use the new config structure
  ARM: davinci: aintc: move timer-specific irq_set_handler() out of
    irq.c
  ARM: davinci: aintc: remove unnecessary includes
  irqchip: davinci-aintc: move the driver to drivers/irqchip
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: remove cp_intc.h
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: add a wrapper around cp_intc_init()
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: add a new config structure
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: add the new config structures for da8xx SoCs
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: use a common prefix for all symbols
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: convert all hex numbers to lowercase
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: use the new-style config structure
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: improve coding style
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: unify error handling
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: remove unneeded include
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: drop GPL license boilerplate
  ARM: davinci: cp-intc: remove redundant comments
  irqchip: davinci-cp-intc: move the driver to drivers/irqchip
  ARM: davinci: remove intc related fields from davinci_soc_info
  ARM: davinci: prepare to remove mach/irqs.h
  ARM: davinci: stop using defines from mach/irqs.h
  ARM: davinci: remove mach/irqs.h

 arch/arm/Kconfig                              |   2 +
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/Kconfig                 |  19 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/Makefile                |   3 -
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/asp.h                   |   8 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-da830-evm.c       |   5 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-da850-evm.c       |   7 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-dm355-evm.c       |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-dm355-leopard.c   |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-dm365-evm.c       |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-dm644x-evm.c      |   4 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-dm646x-evm.c      |   7 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-mityomapl138.c    |   3 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-neuros-osd2.c     |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-omapl138-hawk.c   |   3 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/board-sffsdr.c          |   2 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/common.c                |   3 -
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/cp_intc.c               | 215 ---------
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/cp_intc.h               |  57 ---
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/da830.c                 | 127 +-----
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/da850.c                 | 153 ++-----
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/davinci.h               |   6 +
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/devices-da8xx.c         | 146 +++----
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/devices.c               |  31 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/dm355.c                 | 149 +++----
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/dm365.c                 | 175 +++-----
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/dm644x.c                | 145 +++----
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/dm646x.c                | 159 +++----
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/common.h   |  14 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/da8xx.h    |   2 +
 .../mach-davinci/include/mach/entry-macro.S   |  39 --
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/irqs.h     | 409 ------------------
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/irq.c                   | 117 -----
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/usb-da8xx.c             |   7 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/usb.c                   |   7 +-
 drivers/irqchip/Kconfig                       |  10 +
 drivers/irqchip/Makefile                      |   2 +
 drivers/irqchip/irq-davinci-aintc.c           | 141 ++++++
 drivers/irqchip/irq-davinci-cp-intc.c         | 224 ++++++++++
 include/linux/irqchip/irq-davinci-aintc.h     |  19 +
 include/linux/irqchip/irq-davinci-cp-intc.h   |  18 +
 40 files changed, 829 insertions(+), 1617 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-davinci/cp_intc.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-davinci/cp_intc.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/entry-macro.S
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/irqs.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-davinci/irq.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/irqchip/irq-davinci-aintc.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/irqchip/irq-davinci-cp-intc.c
 create mode 100644 include/linux/irqchip/irq-davinci-aintc.h
 create mode 100644 include/linux/irqchip/irq-davinci-cp-intc.h

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel