Subject: Re: [GIT PULL 4/9] soc/tegra: Changes for v5.1-rc1

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 22:42:07 +0100

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 05:25:39PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 4:09 PM Thierry Reding <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > soc/tegra: Changes for v5.1-rc1
> >
> > This contains a couple of miscellaneous fixes for minor issues and a
> > largish rework of the PMC driver to make it work on systems where the
> > PMC has been locked down and can only be accessed from secure firmware.
> 
> Pulled into arm/drivers.
> 
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Jon Hunter (1):
> >       soc/tegra: pmc: Make tegra_powergate_is_powered() a local function
> >
> > Joseph Lo (1):
> >       soc/tegra: fuse: Fix typo in tegra210_init_speedo_data
> >
> > Mikko Perttunen (1):
> >       soc/tegra: pmc: Support systems where PMC is marked secure
> >
> > Thierry Reding (6):
> >       soc/tegra: pmc: Use TEGRA186_ prefix for GPIO names
> >       soc/tegra: pmc: Sort includes alphabetically
> >       soc/tegra: pmc: Add missing kerneldoc
> >       soc/tegra: pmc: Pass struct tegra_pmc * where possible
> >       soc/tegra: pmc: Make alignment consistent
> >       soc/tegra: pmc: Explicitly initialize all fields
> >
> > Timo Alho (1):
> >       soc/tegra: fuse: Fix illegal free of IO base address
> 
> Should that last one have been marked 'Cc:stable' ?

My understanding is that this currently only happens if we boot the
system using a DTB from a downstream build where these FUSE and BPMP
device tree nodes are sorted differently and therefore cause them to
be probed in the wrong order.

Booting an upstream kernel with a downstream DTB isn't known to work
very well in general. It's something that I hope we'll be able to do
in some distant future when the gap between upstream and downstream
DTBs has become sufficiently small, but I don't think we need to
bother fixing this in stable releases.

Adding Timo to clarify whether he thinks this is important enough to
backport.

Thierry
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel