Subject: [PATCH 0/2] handle worst-case heap randomization in mmap_base

From: Ali Saidi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 17:32:46 +0000

Increase mmap_base by the worst-case brk randomization so that the stack and
heap remain apart.

In Linux 4.13 a change was committed that special cased the kernel ELF
loader when the loader is invoked directly (eab09532d400; binfmt_elf: use
ELF_ET_DYN_BASE only for PIE). Generally, the loader isn’t invoked
directly and this issue is limited to cases where it is, (e.g to set a
non-inheritable LD_LIBRARY_PATH, testing new versions of the loader). In
those rare cases, the loader doesn't take into account the amount of brk
randomization that will be applied by arch_randomize_brk(). This can
lead to the stack and heap being arbitrarily close to each other.

Ali Saidi (2):
  arm64/mmap: handle worst-case heap randomization in mmap_base
  x86/mmap: handle worst-case heap randomization in mmap_base

 arch/arm64/mm/mmap.c | 8 ++++++++
 arch/x86/mm/mmap.c   | 4 ++++
 2 files changed, 12 insertions(+)

-- 
2.15.3.AMZN

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel