Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/6] ptrace: introduce ptrace_syscall_enter to consolidate PTRACE_SYSEMU handling

From: "Dmitry V. Levin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 17:41:15 +0300

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 10:49:21AM +0000, Sudeep Holla wrote:
> Currently each architecture handles PTRACE_SYSEMU in very similar way.
> It's completely arch independent and can be handled in the code helping
> to consolidate PTRACE_SYSEMU handling.
> 
> Let's introduce a hook 'ptrace_syscall_enter' that arch specific syscall
> entry code can call.

Sorry if I'm late for the party, but the new name looks confusing.
If all it does is related to TIF_SYSCALL_EMU, why does it have a generic
name 'ptrace_syscall_enter' without any hint of being specific to
TIF_SYSCALL_EMU?

-- 
ldv
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel