Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/10] PCI: dwc: Move config space capability search API

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 13:33:20 +0100

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 08:43:20PM +0530, Vidya Sagar wrote:
> move PCIe config space capability search API to common designware file
> as this can be used by both host and ep mode codes.
> It also adds extended capability search APIs.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Vidya Sagar <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware-ep.c | 37 +------------
>  drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware.c    | 73 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware.h    |  3 +
>  3 files changed, 78 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)

Just out of curiosity: is there any reason why this driver needs to
reimplement this? Couldn't this be made to work using the standard
pci_find_next_capability() function?

Other than that it might be a good idea to split this into two patches,
one that moves the existing functionality to the common code and another
that adds the extra functionality.

Thierry
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel