Subject: Re: [PATCH 04/15] phy: mvebu-cp110-comphy: Add RXAUI support

From: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 10:43:49 +0200

Hi Miquel,

On Mon,  1 Apr 2019 18:51:20 +0200
Miquel Raynal <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Add support for RXAUI mode by adding an entry in the COMPHY modes list.
>
>There is nothing more to handle besides avoiding to return an error to
>the caller: someone using a DT updated with the right 'phys' property
>with an old firmware would get an error when initializing the lanes in
>RXAUI mode, while it could have already been initialized by eg. the
>bootloader. It would prevent the interface to work with no reason.

However, this would mask-away errors that could occur when we have a
correct firmware and DT.

Maybe we should simply return the error, this mode isn't supported in
PPv2 yet so I don't expect this to break any existing setups.

Maxime

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel